This post is sponsored by Dove® ClearTone™ Deodorant – designed to visibly reduce underarm dark marks and even skin tone.
I’ve been thinking a lot about weddings recently for many reasons.
1) I’m a 26 year old girl and I think it’s in our DNA to think about our dream weddings the day we are born.
2) I’m a 26 year old girl so I am certainly not getting any younger. I’ve realized the cliche of tick tick ticking clocks is SO true. Or at least it seems true now. I have moments where I’m thinking OMG I have so much to do!! when will I get it all done!?!? (moving, being successful in my career, settling down, getting married, having a kid, vacationing, having another kid, etc.) Phew ok writing that sentence just stressed me out a little.
3) Everyone I know is already married, has a kid, or is planning on either one. This alone is not a good reason at all (don’t worry, I’m not of the “do what everyone else does” persuasion) but it doesn’t help to be constantly reminded of the timeline I envisioned for my life.
4) All those Proposal videos online. I love these!! It’s like you’re there and you instantly feel “Omg so special” because of how creatively everything is unfolding. I realize this may be setting me up for disappointment if my proposal doesn’t measure up. Poor guy lol.
Don’t worry people.Take this post with a grain of salt. I’m not freaking out here I promise. I’m just exercising my girly rights to vent a tad. If it makes you feel better, envision us sitting on some cushions on the floor, drinking wine, and eating chocolate on a girl’s night in.
Engaged I am not, but I like to consider myself pretty savvy due to my incredible ability to devour information like a sponge. In case you are getting married soon or know someone who is, here are some awesome tips for brides to be to follow.
1. Apply WATERPROOF mascara!! If you’re like me, you already cry like a baby at normal stuff like commercials, watching people Boston Qualify, or the fact that you just scored the last Lindt chocolate bar in the store. Crying at your wedding is inevitable. No matter how hard you try not to, someone will turn on the fountain by even just looking at you adoringly. Or if all else fails, the Father daughter dance will do you in.
Prime example:This proposal made my tear ducts go into overdrive during my lunch break at work. Luckily I was wearing waterproof mascara! #Win! …..Unfortunately I had no tissues at my desk so I did the walk of shame to the bathroom in order to clean up. #Fail
2. Dirty hair keeps your Do in place. It’s a dirty secret even during normal activities that unwashed hair is much more manageable. I’m not advocating that you forego some Dove Shampoo action for a whole month. That’s just nasty ::shudders:: But 3-4 days usually does the trick. Not too greasy and no problems with fly-aways or frizz from recently sudsed up hair. Your wedding day do will look effortless and only you’ll know the secret
3. Keep baby wipes nearby. When you’re dancing up a storm, things can heat up quick and that beautiful glow can quickly become a sweaty mess. Use them to freshen up so that you can keep moving around the dance floor without hiding from the photographer.
4. Use Strong Deodorant- You’re probably going to be doing the YMCA, Macarena, Cha Cha slide, or some other over done group dance all night which again means LOTS of sweating. So when you raise those arms, you want to make sure that you’re keeping it cool and classy under there chica. Using deodorant with 24 hour protection like Dove’s Clear tone is a sure way to worry about one less thing on your special day and avoid annoying those dearest to you with your bridal perspiration (Because they wouldn’t want to say it to your face anyways. You’re going to have to be proactive here and think ahead gorgeous.)
Catch ya later
Married to travel, good food, and great wine…for now lol