Sunday, was the first day of the 21 day cleanse. I slept in. I savored every morsel of deep sleep I could manage and only got up when I had to give up my greedy grip of the other side. It felt deliciously good to not have to be anywhere or do anything urgently. Don’t you love that feeling?? On that note, I think I would have made Kris Carr proud. Didn’t she say she wanted people to
snooze relax more? o.k. maybe I misunderstood a little. She asks that you sleep for 8 hours uninterrupted. We went to sleep late Saturday so sleeping in until 11 am was a must. I’m hoping I get extra credit for the bonus 2 hours I got in No? w/e this isn’t graded.
After spending half my day in bed, I got up and did some chores around the house because it had to be done. That and a certain Nazi (named Ry) would flip if I suddenly declared it a “I’m cleansing, so I must meditate and not stress myself out day.” Although trust me the thought crossed my mind. Instead I turned on my ipod and did my version of Tom Cruise across the floors, dancing and singing while cleaning.
When I was done being productive, I lounged around a little more and hibernated a little from the sweltering heat outside. It’s been explosively hot around here lately. I really think the risk of spontaneous combustion has risen a million percent.
Throughout all this, I missed breakfast and had a late lunch. Oops. I heated up some of Gobble Green’s (Vegan company) Cashew pesto pasta because I had nothing else on hand. With that realization, I made a plan to head to the only Whole Foods store in Jacksonville. Yes we really only have one. Let us bow our heads in silence at this tragic thought……5…….4…….3…….2…….1….ok good. Thanks.
1. Is it Vegan?
2. Is it Gluten free?
3. Is it wholesome? in other words, has it been through minimal processing?
I had to ask myself these questions 20 times before I passed on the baked goods and chocolate in the store. If I was going to do this right, I could not stock anything that would lead to temptation.
Here is what I brought back:
- Fruits: Cherries, raspberries, plums, strawberries, blueberries, Bosc pears, apples, bananas, & California oranges (we prefer these over FL ones)
- Veggies: Kale, celery, baby carrots,baby bella mushrooms, romaine, green onions.
- Grains: Gluten free angel hair and rottini, Couscous, Quinoa, Gluten free crackers
- Lemon Hummus
- Spicy Hummus
- Chai Tea (decaf)
- Red Lentils
- Barney’s Almond nut butter
- A trial size of Justin’s chocolate peanut butter (I had to! they use cocoa powder and no dairy so this had to go in the cart lol)
I’m planning on heading to the local farmer’s market this weekend to pick up more veggies but this was a pretty good start.
For dinner I made us the red lentils with mushrooms
Fruit Explosion Vegan Smoothie
1 cup of Silk’s unsweetened Almond Milk
I was tasting it throughout and tried to make adjustments.The bananas addition made it much sweeter and the cherries really pushed it over into the delicious zone b/c of their sweet yet tart quality. When I finished playing Master Chef, I poured it into 2 wine glasses to make it extra fun to drink and added straws.
I missed the following:
- Meditating for 10-15 minutes
What I did right:
- No coffee
- No alcohol
- No animal products
- 8 hours of sleep
- Moved around for at least 35 minutes (I’m counting my vacuuming & chores here)
- Told somebody I loved them
- Didn’t take myself too seriously
- Chewed my food mindfully and thoroughly
- Time with nature for at least 5 min. when I took a stroll.
Not bad at all
If you’re not doing the cleanse, did you do any of these things lately?
0 Click to Like this Post!