This post is sponsored by Dove® ClearTone™ Deodorant – designed to visibly reduce underarm dark marks and even skin tone.
As I write this, I’m in the throes of my very own beauty disaster. As a Latina with curly hair that grew up in Miami you’d imagine I’d have been a bit more proactive about humidity but alas, my brain does not operate on full power in the morning….More like standby mode ::sigh::
I woke up today and rushed to straighten my very curly hair for work. Usually I’d have left it alone but it looked like my head slept on a wooden shelf last night the way my hair was flat curled on one side, crazy curled on the other. Not attractive. In my hurry, I flat ironed my long bob as quick as I could but forgot to add some humidity repelling cream. BIG MISTAKE.
By the time I checked my hair out in the bathroom mirror at work, it looked like this:
Instead of how I looked when I left the house:
I was mortified. I don’t like scaring people with anything other than my brilliant abilities to BS in a sticky situation. So I quickly came up with a plan from my super secret arsenal of beauty secrets a.k.a. tips on what to do when you look like a hot mess. Without further ado, here is part 2 of my emergency disaster tips specially brought to you by my own personal beauty disaster.
1. Tame Frizzy Hair: Quick grab some lotion! not for your hands, for your hair! It sounds odd, but hand lotion is your best friend during a frizz crisis. Lucky for you, a bottle of lotion is never too far away. Pour just a dime size amount in your hands and work it in as if you are just moisturizing your skin. Then smooth over the sections of your hair that are going wild. The lotion acts as a filler for the hollow cuticles in your hair and blocks them from absorbing any moisture in the air that would’ve led to frizz. Brilliant!
I was able to find some in the bathroom at work and it worked perfectly. I went from Miss Frizz to Miss Polished in 30 seconds! Phew.
2. Fix a Broken Nail: Ouch, so you just broke a nail on the go but don’t want it to ruin your good time? Find a matchbox and or a pack of matches and use the strike strip to file your nails. The rough surface will quickly smooth the broken nail and buy you time until you get home to fix it.
3. Oily Face: You’re glowing and it’s not because you’re pregnant. If your face starts to look like you doused yourself in Crisco, it’s time to head to the bathroom for some R&R. Grab one of those toilet seat covers and use the thin paper as a makeshift blotter. It’ll soak up excess oil and leave you looking fresh again. Never thought those would come in handy for anything else did ya?
4. Puffy Eyes: Again it looks like the butts have it. Grab some preparation H next time you’re at the drugstore and pay for it when no one else is in line It contains phenylephrine which will constrict blood vessels and reduce swelling under your eyes. Now I guess you just have to decide which one is more embarrassing…buying Prep H or showing up looking tired?
5. Pimples: We all get them. There’s no denying that they’re evil and stupid. Banish them with some Visine because it’ll constrict blood vessels (a popular feature so far) and turn that menace into a mouse.
There you have it, some quick tips for beauty emergencies that could have easily soured your mood. Now go play outside in humid weather, do something rough with your hands, stay up late, workout, and touch your face. If you have any problems, reference the tips above so you can continue living on the edge. Such a rebel.
Have you had a beauty disaster recently?
What did you do to solve it? Use anything uncommon to help?