Spring is over but that doesn’t mean pollen is done wreaking havoc chicas! Say hello to #ALLERGYFACE my friends. It’s that unattractive, puffy face, watery eyed, red nosed look we sport when nature invades our body’s system.
I had no idea I even had allergies until someone mentioned the possibility at work. I just thought watery eyes and coughing were a special quirk I’d developed I kid, I kid. But seriously, I just thought there was no way it could happen to me. Turns out, allergies are more common than I thought.
To help you combat this pesky face assassin, check out these really simple tips
Kiwi Every Morning! Eat one every morning because they are loaded with vitamin C which acts as a natural antihistamine. Studies have shown that low vitamin C levels are linked with allergy flare ups. Yum, who needs an excuse to eat Kiwi anyway?
Wear Your Sunglasses Not only do they protect your eyes from the sun, but they shield you from the pollen outside. Be fashionably healthy in those Chanel shades
Hey There Honey, Eat Some! Purchase some local honey (which contains small amounts of pollen) or locally produced bee pollen (it’s sugar free) and eat 1 to 2 teaspoons per day before tjhe allergy season begins. Ingesting the honey will help jump start your immune system against the local pollen. Genius!!
Someone else that knows how to combat ALLERGY FACE™ is the gorgeous Beauty and fashion expert Carmen Ordoñez from VivaFashionBlog.com . She has partnered with the makers of ZYRTEC® to help women combat the beauty challenges that are associated with typical allergy symptoms.
- According to a recent survey by the makers of ZYRTEC®, two-thirds (66 percent) of women with allergies have felt ugly or unattractive because of their ALLERGY FACE™.
- Carmen Ordoñez’s personal motto is that you can look great without breaking the bank. You don’t need pricey beauty products to achieve great results. In thesecond video of her three-part, bilingual video series, created in partnership with the makers of ZYRTEC®, Carmen shares her simple, do-it-yourself beauty solutions to help women tackle allergy-related beauty challenges.
- In part two, “Generations of Beauty Advice,” Carmen shares beauty tips that have been passed down from her mama y abuelita, including:
- How to Avoid Irritating a Red Nose: Use baby wipes instead of tissues, which are gentler on the skin.
- How to Relieve a Puffy Face: Try drinking watermelon juice. Watermelons are a high water content fruit and are an excellent source of antioxidants.
- How to Help Hydrate a Puffy Face: Eat more fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, celery and zucchini all of which have high water content. Citrus fruits and berries are also rich in vitamin C.
- How to Refresh Your ALLERGY FACE™: Place two metal spoons in the refrigerator and then place the back of the spoons on your eyelids for five minutes.
**Bonus tip** To find out what to expect in your town, check out the handy PollenCast from Weather.com linked below. This will help you plan ahead. I just found this and believe it’s pretty accurate! No wonder I’ve been extra sneezy and watery eyed today!!
Visit ZYRTEC® on Facebook atFacebook.com/ZYRTEC to learn more about how to combat ALLERGY FACE™.
So tell me, What beauty tips or home remedies did you learn from your mom or grandmother? I love learning new tips!
0 Click to Like this Post!